[jaredo@zim ~]$ cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 32962112 kB MemFree: 237376 kB Buffers: 235768 kB Cached: 20340388 kB
As a continuation of my previous WDS post located here, these are the steps I follow for creating my WDS images.
- Install OS, drivers, service packs, software, updates, and everything else to master system.
- Copy Windows installation media to local drive: xcopy /H /E D:\* C:\windows\options\cabs\
- Copy deploy.cab from recent installation media, extract to sysprep folder located on the administrator’s desktop.
- From a Windows command prompt, browse to sysprep folder and run: sysprep.exe -mini -reseal (with optional flags)
- Wait for system to shutdown.. start system back up, ensure PXE or network boot is enabled.
- Boot from PXE/WDS, select Windows PE from options menu.
- At Windows PE command prompt, run: wdscapture
- Follow Windows Image Capture wizard.
After installing .NET 3.0 on one of my test servers, I could no longer connect over RDP. From the client, the connection would just terminate with no errors. After looking at the Windows Event Log on the server, I found:
After looking around, this appears to be an issue with the installed nVidia driver, though ATI users have experienced this as well. Adding the following registry value and rebooting, I was able to RDP again.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management] "SessionImageSize"=dword:00000020