XWiki is a next generation wiki, a generic web development platform for collaborative applications. In this guide we will setup XWiki in a Windows 2016 environment on tomcat with a MSSQL 2016 backend.
- Deploy a Windows 2016 Server image/machine using standard template (this is assuming DB hosted on external server)
- 4 vcpu
- 8GB Ram
- Configure pagefile drive (E:\) 12GB
- Add new 50GB disk to host the application (E:\)
- Download and install latest java8 64bit offline installer
- Create a service account to be used for tomcat & office services and add to admins group for that server (e.g. svcxwiki01). If you do not wish to add the service account as a local admin you can probably get by if you grant the user modify permissions on all the directories used below.